New Date: Saturday, September 19, 2020
This one-day charrette will engage landscape design professionals to work collaboratively to redesign plantings in the urban bioretention practices at an historic site in Arlington.
- Become familiar with stormwater management goals at the site
- Discuss and evaluate the effectiveness of planting palettes in existing vegetated stormwater practices on site
- Review natural plant communities of Arlington County which may be an appropriate reference for design
- Work in teams to:
- Discuss/review site conditions and programmatic requirements
- Develop an appropriate plant palette for the design
- Create a planting plan
- Present plan to the group
The workshop includes a field visit to the site. Lunch will be provided.
CBLP CEUs and LA CES PDHs are available.