This workshop is full, and registration has closed. To be placed on a waiting list, please email Katie at firstname.lastname@example.org
Wednesday, November 13, 2019 – 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
M-NCPPC Randall Farm 4200 Ritchie Marlboro Rd. Upper Marlboro, MD
Designed for maintenance crew and crew leaders who have not yet completed CBLP Level 1 training.
Lunch will be provided.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand how stormwater impacts the Chesapeake Bay
- Identify landscape practices which can benefit the Bay
- Learn how to assess soil texture by feel, and understand why soil texture is important
- Recognize the key features of stormwater best management practices (BMPs) and typical visual indicators of BMP function and failure
- Know tasks associated with maintaining stormwater BMPs
- Recognize key features for identifying plants and begin to develop a framework for identifying plants used in vegetated stormwater BMPs
- Become familiar with common invasive plant species and appropriate management techniques
- Appreciate the difference between traditional landscape maintenance and adaptive management