New Date: Wednesday, September 2, 2020
Chesapeake Bay Foundation
This workshop will introduce landscape professionals to living shoreline benefits, best practices, site evaluation, permitting, incentives and opportunities. Guest speakers will provide varying perspectives on the design installation and maintenance of living shorelines in Maryland.
Lunch will be provided.
Registration is discounted through February 29: $75 for certified CBLPs, $85 for the public. $95 for everyone beginning March 1.
- Raise awareness of living shoreline practices among landscape professionals in Maryland, to facilitate more business opportunities and more practices in the ground
- Introduce living shoreline concepts & terminology, as well as basic design features
- Review incentive programs and permitting requirements & process for shorelines in Maryland
- Discuss the role of landscape professionals in design/installation/maintenance of living shorelines
- Tour a living shoreline and discuss its features
- Observe and evaluate shoreline conditions in the field
5 CBLP CEUs. 5 LA CES