This class is moving online!
Friday, October 16, 2020 – 9:00 AM – 12:30 PM
This interactive online workshop will introduce landscape professionals to living shoreline benefits, best practices, site evaluation, permitting, incentives and opportunities. Guest speakers will provide varying perspectives on the design installation and maintenance of living shorelines in Maryland.
An optional field tour of shorelines in the Annapolis area is included. This afternoon tour will be held on October 20.
Registration: $75 for certified CBLPs, $90 for the public
- Raise awareness of living shoreline practices among landscape professionals in Maryland, to facilitate more business opportunities and more practices in the ground
- Introduce living shoreline concepts & terminology, as well as basic design features
- Review incentive programs and permitting requirements & process for shorelines in Maryland
- Discuss the role of landscape professionals in design/installation/maintenance of living shorelines
- Tour a living shoreline and discuss its features
- Observe and evaluate shoreline conditions in the field
5 CBLP CEUs. 5 LA CES