CBLP Buffers Certificate Course
This comprehensive riparian buffer training program includes 6 sessions (online webinars plus in person field workshops).
The program pilot runs from December 10, 2020 – May 11, 2021, in the Upper and Middle James region with support from the James River Riparian Buffer Consortium, and in Lancaster, PA with Penn State Extension. The certificate course is comprised of a series of videos, webinars, and in-person field workshops.
Scholarships are available for participants who work in:
- Pennsylvania (eight full scholarships)
- Upper and Middle James River watersheds in Virginia (full scholarships)
- Hampton Roads area of Virginia (five $100 scholarships)
Participants must attend all six sessions to earn the CBLP-Buffers certificate, however, there is an a la carte option to register for the first “Riparian Buffer Basics” webinar, alone.
- Buffer Basics Webinar – December 10, 9:00 – 11:30 AM
- Site Assessment Field Workshop – December 15, 12:00-3:00 PM
- PA Site: Lancaster, PA
- VA Site: Amherst, VA
- Planning Webinar – January 8, 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
- Implementation Field Workshop
- March 4, 1:00 – 3:00 PM, PA site: Lancaster, PA
- March 11, 1:00 – 3:00 PM VA site: Amherst, VA
- March 18 is snow date for both
- Maintenance Field Workshop– May 4, 1:00 – 3:00 PM
- PA site: Lancaster County, PA
- VA site: Afton, VA
- Maintenance Planning Webinar– May 11, 9:00 – 11:00 AM
Scholarship funding is generously provided by the following CBLP partners:
- The James River Association will provide full scholarships for up to 20 qualified applicants who work in the Middle and Upper James River watersheds in Virginia.
- Penn State Extension will provide full scholarships for up to 8 qualified applicants who work in Pennsylvania.
- RISE funding will provide partial scholarships ($100) for up to 5 qualified applicants who work in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia.
To apply for a scholarship, please fill out this form prior to purchasing this class. Scholarships will be granted in the order that qualified applications are received.