March 5, 2024 | 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM | Zoom
This online course, led by Justin Ulanoski, of Native Creations Landscaping, will cover the practical aspects of running a successful riparian buffer contracting operation. Topics will include best practices for managing field work, crew training, tools & equipment, estimating & budgets, and working with nonprofit partners.
A guest panel of contractors and nonprofit partners will add to the discussion. Join us and add your business to the growing network of
contractors planting and managing buffers to improve water quality across the Bay region.
From this course, participants will:
- Learn how to effectively manage buffer installation and maintenance crews to maximize profits
- Recognize needs and opportunities for crew training
- Know what equipment and materials are required for working on riparian buffers
- Understand opportunities for contractors to perform buffer work
- Gain an understanding of how some nonprofit organizations use grant funding to contract with businesses to install and manage buffers
- Learn from several professionals about their experience doing buffer work
Funding partners for this project include: